Get More out of Your Social Media Marketing
We all know that social media is part of our lives like iPhones, TVs and cars. It helps us to make an opinion, share an opinion and negate an opinion. It’s another marketing avenue that is more powerful than traditional advertising because it hits all demographics 24/7. And just like avoiding annoying pop-up ads, there is a way to get more out of your social media marketing strategy. You probably think that there is nothing wrong with your social media strategy. Have you tweaked it lately? A car runs better when it has routine oil changes, right? Does your social media strategy:
- Have goals that are realistic?
- Increase brand awareness?
- Target high-quality audiences?
- Include a reward for those who recommend or come to you?
- Create a positive reaction without any initiative?
- include social media platforms for your demographics?
- contain engagement metrics?
And the list goes on. The last point contains an important word – engagement. Your social media plan won’t mean anything if it doesn’t engage viewers/followers. It’s sort of like a popularity contest. People won’t follow what they don’t like.
Five Fun & Easy Ways to Generate Social Engagement
1. Know thy Product. The best way to know your product/service is to use it. The same can be said of social media. You have to be on social media to understand it and use it wisely. You need to know how people (fans) see your brand. So, you need to get into their heads:
- How aware are they of your brand?
- Is your brand offering worth their time?
- How do they perceive your brand (good, bad or meh)?
- Do they compare your brand to your competitors?
You can get this data with software (e.g. Mention) that allows you to listen in on conversations about your brand and anything related to it.
2. Consistency. Consistency is key to posting. Posting at irregular times can be a hit or miss with your fans. You should schedule your posts to save time and energy. There is software (e.g. Jukebox) that helps you schedule them and even thanks fans who mentioned your brand online. The software can even retweet older posts.
3. The Face. You can post all you want, but if it’s not reaching your audience, you’re just wasting time. To get the attention you want, get a celebrity to endorse your brand online.
4. Journalists. They are our friends (repeat this). You can use HARO (Help A Reporter Out) to connect with journalists who are looking for new content. HARO will send you alerts about journalists who are looking for content experts. Also, the credibility of the journalists will boost the credibility of your brand.
5. Contests. We know this is not a revolutionary concept, but it works. People love sharing on social media. You can create a contest on the most innovative way your brand is used or a form of self-expression. Or, you can have a trivia contest connected to your brand, such as important events that happened the year your brand was created.
Marketing Consulting Guidance
You want your business to grow and thrive. We want that too. That’s why the team at Results Driven Marketing has the tools and experience to create (or revamp) a digital marketing strategy that fits in your budget and schedule. Social media marketing is just one of our specialties. We offer digital marketing solutions from search engine optimization and display advertising to inbound marketing campaigns and content creation. Call us at 215-393-8700 or email us today for a free “Web Presence” evaluation.