Marketing your brand amidst all the competition around is more of a challenge than ever before. You want your brand to stand or get lost in the crowd of “me-too’s”. You also want your target audience to sit up and take notice of you. To do this you need to be more engaging and more creative with your digital marketing strategy. Understandably, that can be an overwhelming task for just about anybody, especially for newbies in the business.
When it comes to content marketing, the key lies in the nature of the content you present. The type of content you create and use to market your brand has a huge impact on how well it is received by the audience.
To form that connection with your audience, the content should be relevant to the users. You need to understand your audience’s preferences and create content that would appeal to them.
There are various types of content that you can choose from to make your marketing strategy effective, especially for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Here are some popular types that work well for SEO:
- Blogs: Blogs have been around for a long long time now and show no signs of losing steam anytime soon. They are one of the most effective types of content when it comes to SEO. They give you the chance to present ideas and information relevant to your industry. The advantage with blogs is that they can be a regular feature and over time you can gain readership and position yourself as an authority in the eyes of your prospective clients.
- Visual content: Pictures, videos, GIFs are all forms of visual content that work very well in grabbing the attention of your audience. Since visual content transmits information faster compared to written content, it works well for people who are pressed for time and who want instant answers to their questions.
- Infographics: Text, when accompanied with visuals, like pictures, can relay information even more efficiently. When presented together, text and pictures are referred to as infographics. They help deliver the message quicker and it’s more likely to get shared.
- Original research pieces: If the information presented is backed by original research conducted by a brand, it is likely to be taken more seriously. Most of the articles you read online make references to research results and statistics from their own as well as someone else’s research. Your original research efforts will add to your brand’s credibility and give your brand an authoritative stand on the subject you are addressing.
- Articles: Articles are a great medium to insert relevant keywords and boost your SEO rankings. The length of the articles could be short or long, depending on what the subject is and who your readers are. Articles that give a unique perspective or opinion on a topic do well in the area of content marketing.
- Memes: Creating memes or other fun, interactive type of media on popular or trending topics are a good way to create a buzz and grab eyeballs. Memes are a quick and instant form of attracting your audience. However, the effect is usually transient. So when you are looking for quick results, memes can do the job for you.
- Lists of information: Making lists like shopping lists, for instance, is an everyday occurrence for most of us. Lists are very useful pieces of information. For example, if someone is looking for the best gaming apps in the market, and does a quick search online he will be flooded with lists of apps. Brands can use lists to their advantage by creating and posting lists relevant to their niche.
- Guides: Seeking information is a never-ending process, more so on the internet. Most of us turn to search engines to figure out how to do a particular task. We might want to know how to boil pasta, how to wear eye makeup or how to fix a broken appliance, the list is endless! This is why articles that give directions on how to carry out a task are very popular. They invite a lot of traffic because there will always be someone looking for answers you can provide.
At Results Driven Marketing, we are always helping our clients with content and content marketing that helps rank their web pages consistently. If you would like to talk more about it, contact us at 215-393-8700.