Inbound digital marketing is often more effective and economical than traditional outbound marketing tactics. It aims to engage with a targeted audience of people who are genuinely interested in your business. There are many ways to connect with your audience via inbound marketing, and it’s important to identify the ones that will work best for you. Let’s look at some of the top inbound digital marketing strategies to help you get more leads and customers.
The Benefits of Inbound Marketing
Most traditional advertising falls into the category of outbound marketing. This includes display ads, TV commercials, and direct mail (i.e. junk mail). Many modern digital strategies, such as unsolicited email, banner ads, and aggressive popup ads, are also outbound. These strategies require you, the marketer, to pursue customers. Inbound marketing works in the opposite manner, luring customers to come to you.
Customers are much more sophisticated today than they were in the pre-internet era. They are also jaded after seeing so many ads. For example, blasting emails is no longer effective when open rates are so low. The advantage of inbound marketing is that it targets people with a real interest in your products or services.
Effective Inbound Marketing Tactics
Here are some examples of inbound digital marketing strategies that are effective for generating leads and sales.
- Email marketing. As opposed to spamming and email blasts, email marketing means building a targeted list. When you send out relevant emails or newsletters to your audience, you have a valuable source of leads.
- Content marketing. Creating content for your blog is the best-known type of content marketing. There are many other possibilities as well, such as videos, podcasts, webinars, and writing books or white papers. Content on subjects your audience cares about attracts them to your website and business while positioning you as an expert in your field.
- SEO (search engine optimization). When your potential customers find you by searching for certain keywords, they are seeking you out, making this an excellent example of inbound marketing. SEO goes hand-in-hand with content marketing, as you need solid content that’s optimized for the search engines.
- Social media marketing. This is one of the newer types of inbound marketing. Establishing a strong presence on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or Pinterest is important for any inbound marketing strategy. Social media marketing is especially useful for getting your followers to share your content.
- Inbound advertising. While it’s more usual to think of advertising as outbound marketing, this isn’t necessarily the case. PPC (pay-per-click) advertising, for example, qualifies as inbound because it’s based on keywords. People only click if they’re seeking information on your keywords. The same goes for Facebook ads and other types of targeted social media advertising platforms.
How to Create an Inbound Digital Marketing Strategy
Creating an inbound digital marketing strategy requires you to identify your needs and goals and choose the tactics that are most appropriate for you. Here are some recommendations.
- Perform analytics on all of your campaigns. It’s essential to track your SEO, email, PPC or other marketing campaigns, so you know what is and isn’t working.
- Integrate your strategies. Many inbound digital marketing tactics complement one another. As noted, content marketing and SEO are closely related. Your email list is a good way to send traffic to your website and social media pages. Conversely, your social media posts can promote your email list. An integrated approach lets you get better results from your various techniques.
- Schedule your tasks. Inbound marketing is an ambitious and time-consuming strategy. Outline your plan, assign tasks to teams, and move forward. If planning these campaigns on your own isn’t practical, outsource the work to an expert agency.
- Don’t expect instant results. Keep in mind that many inbound strategies take the time to see results. For example, email lists are more effective as they grow. Social media engagement increases as you acquire more targeted followers.
There are some good reasons to think that inbound digital marketing is the wave of the future. Consumers who are constantly exposed to advertising prefer an approach that allows them to seek out the information they need. By planning strategic inbound digital marketing campaigns, you are able to reach a more receptive and targeted audience.
Want to Learn More?
To learn more about web design, pay-per-click advertising, and other Internet marketing strategies do not hesitate to reach out to us here at Results Driven Marketing. If you need help, contact us or call at 215-393-8700.