SEO Marketing and Domain Authority gains can be huge if Press Releases are structured correctly.
There are many misconceptions regarding the value of digital press releases when it comes to SEO marketing. Many will tell you that they no longer hold the value they once had for marketing and PR purposes. Some folks will tell you that Google doesn’t provide relevance or authority to press releases. I can tell you they are wrong, but if we go back in time say to 2013 or 2014, then they were right.
By 2015 Google reevaluated the relevance and such of the PR and their value. As we speak, we have been conducting experiments across the board that has proven us right! PR delivery and distribution channels have been modified and adapted for the internet but, press releases have remained fundamentally unchanged in their scope and design.
More importantly, they continue to offer opportunities for businesses to control geographical distribution and keyword relevance with ease. They can almost always generate buzz about products or brands and awards or achievements.
A professional digital agency like Results Driven Marketing, LLC, will integrate tried and true PR techniques, with the most current business technologies and strategies. Your agency or marketing department must consistently use online marketing techniques with Social Media and traditional newswire channels to gain an edge for the company.
While the Internet has continued to evolve and change almost everything in one way or another you, your marketing department or your digital agency must understand that even today the qualities have not changed for a good press release. No matter your distribution channel used, the PR itself remains almost the same.
- The Storyline. Great stories make great press releases, and a press release is your storytelling venue. Compared to ads or other marketing pieces, the Press Release requires that you can capture and retain your reader’s interest. The reader most likely wants to garner information about your company, product or service
- Email the editor. Editors or media professionals that are looking for press release information most likely are scanning the wire services, or have keywords settings that scan looking for items of interest or content with a captivating or compelling storyline. Most email inboxes are full of never opened PR pitches.
- Promotion or Information. If you read no further heed this warning: Avoid at all costs writing styles that are blatantly promotional. Nobody, especially the digital or online reader, likes or is looking to be sold. Readers want material that is informative, helpful and insightful, without any selling. Make the reader want to contact you!
- Exposure. The creation of a great or first-rate press release is only half of the battle. To achieve good outcomes, you’ll also need a first-rate distribution plan. Exposure is as important as content.
Emailing and faxing press releases to targeted media outlets still happens but usually in very small papers. Social media, e-mail list blasts, and newswire distribution tactics are/have replaced old non-automated methods. Seriously do you think editors actually read press releases before they are posted? No! It is all automated.
- Distribution. If you are on a tight budget, there are free online distribution outlets which can and should be used for press releases.
Use them all to get broad exposure if you don’t have existing distribution channels. But ultimately try to use a professional service that can write, edit and employ SEO marketing and keyword tactics that gain you readers, while enhancing your websites relevance.
- The PR Team. It could be just you, or a marketing department or agency, but whatever or whoever is in it make sure the team has connections and familiarity with today’s modern distribution models. Remember the goal is to have your press release reach the right outlets and people, all while enhancing your websites domain and page authority.
- Professional finish. Don’t treat your press release as if it were an internal email or memo. Your press release is a marketing piece. It should receive the same attention that any marketing piece you design and distribute deserves.
- Circulate a draft. Get input from somebody that you trust. Have it proofread multiple times. Have it reviewed and read before its posting on the company website or before it is released to distribution and newswire channels. Remember, mistakes cannot be changed or recalled. Once distribution has it that is it. And it could be found for many years to come.
- The Press release is part of a marketing piece. Take the extra time to add insightful quotations from higher level people in the company or those that were involved in the product or service design.
Do you need help? We welcome any requests for assistance dealing with the PR journey. Contact Us today! Ask about our 6-PAK Press Pack, designed for small business that has a relatively tight marketing budget.
Results Driven Marketing, LLC is a premier digital marketing and consulting agency located in Center City Philadelphia. We are the proud owners of the Registered Service Mark “Turning Clicks Into Clients ®“ issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Registration # 5,132,788. Let us show you how to cost effectively plan design and distribute your next press release. We capture high-value targeted media outlets.
Authored by: Mike Bannan, Managing Partner of Results Driven Marketing, LLC. Mike can be reached at 215-600-3540.