Viral content is all the rage on the Internet in today’s age. Newsfeeds are filled with videos and listicles that are popular among the viewers.
Viral social media marketing is most sought after by brands today because it can capture the attention of the target audience with straightforward and creative ideas.
However, it is important to get the content right for a post or video to go viral. The most difficult task is to create content that will be shared by the potential customers, with the utmost enthusiasm. Here are five tips to remember while creating content that has a potential to go viral.
1. Tangible Targets: Fundamentally, your digital marketing agency has to be aware of what is trending, in order to create content that takes advantage of the trend. Now that you’ve cracked the code and created content that’s in with the trend, you might think it’s going to be the next big thing on social media.
However, it is important to keep your expectations in line with reality. There are a lot of content floating around on the internet every single day. So, it takes a lot for a post (including good luck) to work its magic and be successful. Starting off, it is best to have a realistic target that involves hitting a certain number of likes on Facebook or retweets on Twitter. This will ensure you do not feel underwhelmed when your content does not cash in on the trend.
- Emotional or Entertaining: The attention span of people today is less than ever. The most successful campaigns that go viral today employ some kind of entertaining or emotional bearing to attract and grab people’s attention.
They stress on the entertainment more than their product branding. Do they work? Definitely, yes! However, it is imperative that you figure out your route of entertainment early on. A section of the audience would like feel-good content that shows light at the end of the tunnel. Another section may like funny and light-hearted content. It is not possible to please everyone, but it pays to choose your type and stick to it.
- Content Quality: Creating high-quality content is not easy for everyone, given the resources. Many digital marketing agencies have noted that users are more likely to share content that is helpful. Content that inspires positive feelings is shared more than those that stimulate negativity. Videos and graphics are more favorably shared than the conventional text blogs. However, if you must absolutely go with text, then accommodate listicles and images. If the content fails to trend, take it as an opportunity to analyze why. This will help enhance the quality of your future content.
- Catchy Keywords: Cramming keywords in your content will make it look entirely unprofessional. It is important to use keywords to optimize the content, but it is more important to do it reasonably and logically. Employing long tail keywords is advantageous as it has lower but qualified search volume and therefore your content will gain organic clicks only.
5. Trends and Tools: Content marketing tools give you a competitive edge, although you ultimately rely on your audience to share the content. You can make use of social media tools like Facebook Insights to understand which updates have been shared to figure out where were your posts shared and by whom.
This will help you understand what kind of content your audience likes. Activity on social media is different during different intervals of the day. Lead generation studies show that it is better to present new content at the start of the day or towards the end of typical working hours. It also suggests that if you do not post content often, then it is better to post during the middle of the week than at the beginning of the week, which is when most viral content is shared.
The experts at Results Driven Marketing have been helping customers turn their social media accounts into lead generating machines, essentially “Turning Clicks Into Clients.” If you’re looking to create quality social media content and be found by more clients who are looking for your services, contact us at (215)-393-8700 to find out how we can help.