According to a famous study, the average attention span of an online user is 8 seconds, which is lesser than that of a goldfish. Content marketing is crucial for marketing in present times. It plays a huge part in consumer engagement and targeting the right sort of audience online.
Like Seth Godin, a marketing whiz, once said, “Content marketing is the only marketing left.” It is getting harder and harder to stand out amongst the flurry of content flushed into the digital world every day.
It is not enough if you just create content. The key is creating great content, that can be promoted and is of interest to the target audience. Creating a content marketing strategy is essential if you don’t want your content to be one amongst the millions floating on the web.
Here are some handy tips to keep in mind while creating a brand strategy.
- Use your content wisely. Don’t make it seem like spam and drive away potential customers. Be gentle and subtle in your approach. Guide them through the purchase process.
- Know how to promote your content. Just writing and uploading your content might not get you the results you are looking for. Help it reach the right people through the right media.
- Only put out great content. If you publish hundreds of articles and they are only mediocre, you will not achieve the results you are seeking. It’s essential that you give content that adds value to the user.
- Make use of social ads. Your content can be amplified multi-fold through your social channels with a mere 10$ or 20$ boost on Facebook.
- Content doesn’t necessarily mean just text. You can make use of videos, photos, comics, gifs, memes, infographics or any type of content. Some content is better delivered through these rather than text.
- Content marketing takes time. Don’t expect an immediate sale. It takes time for content marketing to make an impact on the masses.
- Short and catchy posts might work in some forms of marketing, but when it comes to blogs, anything below 2000 words tends to rank low on Google. To help improve your search rank, traffic, and value to the reader, try and keep your word count high.
- Create engaging content. Don’t write content like you are writing a paper for school. Having a conversational language with your readers will keep them interested.
- Try keeping your headlines short and relevant. Longer headlines tend to look dubious, and the audience might be driven away from your content.
- Use interactive content. Content like quizzes, polls, and games not only help to engage the audience but also provide a relevant, personalized output which can be used for market study and build customer profiles.
- Don’t use duplicate content. Using other people’s content is not only wrong but is also a waste of time because you are recycling old information.
- Webinars are a great way to create conversions. Gather information about your audience and try to subtly pitch your product during the webinar.
- Keep your content flowing. Don’t create single-use content. Blog posts that are a part of a series generate better traffic.
- Content does not always have to be trend-based or news-based. Relevant topics that are evergreen would attract more readers.
- You should venture beyond your blog to market your brand. Guest blogs on popular industry websites will help generate more traffic to your page while creating links.
- Do not overlook the leverage of email. Email marketing strategies must be applied to every possible chance.
- Sharing on social media is an easy way to make people interested in your content.
- Asking for feedback can work wonders. People like it when they have a voice and feel that their opinion matters.
- People like free goodies. You can host contests on your page to drive in more traffic.
- Make sure your content is mobile friendly as many people use their phones to browse.
- Reproducing old content is also a great way to digital marketing. Making your old content fresh and interesting will also make people want to read your content.
- Organizing your content and driving referral traffic back to your website is another great brand strategy.
- A content calendar that helps you keep track of your past, present and future posts is important to help keep track of your content.
- Follow hashtags and visit popular pages to keep yourself informed about your audience’s tastes and interests.
- Sometimes a heartfelt thank you is enough for your audience to increase their support and likes for your content.